Don you asked about embarassing moments. i share this with the list,
cause we,George and I,can now laugh about it.
A year or so ago George was not doing very wll. His PD seemed to be
escalating at an alarming rate. His tremors were so bad he could
sometimes not hold onto anything. His balance was so bad he ws falling
sevral times a day. One late evening, George had gone into the bathroom
to wash up for bedtime. Next
I knew there was a large thump and George hollered for me to come to
him.
I had to try very hard not to bust a gut laughing once I realized
nothing but his dignity was hurt. He was buck naked.
He had fallen backward into the bathtub.
Remember he was not trying to get into the tub. He had simply lost his
balance.
Fortunately I believe the shower curtain
had broken his fall, it didn't even tear or
come down. We tired, heand I , to extricate him from the tub. After 1/2
hr
or so of struggleing decided we best call
the fire fellows. Told them there was no injury, just needed their
strong backs.
All this time neither of us even thought to put a blanket over him.So as
the firemen
are gently lifting this 6ft 200+lbs man, they suggested I might want to
cover his nakedness.
As I say now it is funny. Of course at the time it was a trauma to both
of us.
This is for a couple of chuckles for all of us.
Hugs Juanita CG for George 74/71/64