Joan E. Blessington Snyder author of "Voices from the Parking Lot"
wrote:

  From:    Joan and Stan Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
  Subject: I hope you all are proud of yourselves...

and have no problem sleeping. Five years is along time to put your heart
and soul and faith into something and I feel that that five years should
be rewarded by something other than a kick in the ass. Altho I can
readily understand that in a list this large, there are bound to be
personality conflicts, what I cannot and will never understand is how
this once brilliant, bright and shining place for the free exchange of
support and ideas and literary skills could turn into such a cellblock
of backbiting and destruction. Three years ago, I found enough material
from this list serve to write a book-now I find nothing but sadness and
bitterness. I must have been so busy with my own life & projects to
notice that too many people had let this list become for them, their
only life. I am so sorry that this had to happen...these tears that I am
crying are for us all. I cannot believe that it is our mission to drive
people away.

Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/10
======

Joan I couldn't agree more with your post.

I hold our list Mom Barbara Patterson responsible for the
tone of the list now.

I personally have asked her to intervene when posts
have gotten personal, mean spirited, attacking and
nasty but she has chosen not to. There are people
on this list who need to be shown the door and move on.

I grieve with you, I've lost the positive association
with this PD support list too.

We all used to hesitate before posting and ask ourselves
if what we were about to post was relivent to the whole
PD list and were considerate to all those without voluminous
time or an adequate amount of dopamine to weed through the
chaff and find the relivent Parkie stuff... This list has
become more of a personal chat line than a Parkinson's Support
List anyway and I feel they abuse this list daily. If fact they
have surpassed abusing this list and have gotten pleasure
out of abusing individuals as well.

If we can congratulate the List owner Barbara Patterson for
all the wonderful things she has done for this list, we can
also also hold her accountable and point out where she has
failed this list.

Respectfully,
  Gail Vass, R.N.