In a message dated 12/7/00 10:24:53 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 dr. bob, lawd a' mercy, ah could hardly believe mah eyes when ah saw this.
 an aftah ah promised mah self ah'd jus lurk awhile -- here ah am confused
 agin. ah hopes yew don mean whut ah'm thinkin' -- cuz it re-ally ain't
 po-litical currect, an how do yew kno yew might not be tokin' bout this
 poor pwp -- or are yew lak thet ol' rhett butler thinkin' frankly mah
dear.... >>

Right on, Barb!  After starting a small war of words over a few small words,
I can't believe Bob even brought this up.  I haven't checked my mail for a
couple of days, and I found 298 E-mails when I signed on. Out of the 298,
there were anywhere from 35 to 40 pieces generated by a simple joke.  That's
all it was, a joke!!  Nobody actually believed that it defined men in any
way.  I noticed that Michel sent one of Bonnie's postings to the SPARKLE list
a humorous list of definitions and no one said a word and trust me, there was
very little political correctness there.  May I suggest that everyone
involved step back and regroup. Surely there are more important ways to spend
our time and energy than going at each other hammer and tongs over a silly
joke.  No offense was intended, but a lot of it has sure been taken.
All of this is, of course, just my very humble opinion, but It would be nice
if everyone would just cool it!
Eleanor