Bob,

Recently I have taken issue with you publicly which is not a behavior
that I usually would do, preferring to speak one on one when it is a
personal disagreement.  Some of you probably know I have made a *few *
mistaken posts that were intended to be sent off list but werent. I have
learned to be more careful I think. Our last misunderstanding I would
like to forget as I think you do know I do not swear nor make
derrogatory comments about anyone on list in fact I dont swear. On the
other hand, I do not believe I have any right to insist that another
list member should curb anything that they would like to say just
because I it offends me. I am not a prude, but what I might consider
good taste would never coincide with another list member unless we were
the same person parading as another. Obviously, that is ridiculous. In
any case, I would not feel fair if I chose to tell someone to cease and
desist any of the behaviors that I dont like. I might suggest, but
(hopefully) never point out to them how wrong they were publicly, nor
would I expect them to follow my choices just because I thought I was
right. I respect your viewpoint even if I do not always agree. As I am
not a medical doctor, nor any other kind, I would respect and believe
any medical advice that you may have. I would respect your political
viewpoint even if I didnt believe the same. I would agree to disagree
with anything that you would like to discuss which was not my personal
belief and I would tell you I didnt agree. In the case of politically
correct statements that are currently being challenged, as to racial,
sexual, ethnic, or any other one that is apparently taboo in our
culture, I agree in principle with your views with some reservations
already publicly stated. This however, does not give me the right to
suggest to another that they are wrong or out of line. It is my choice
as a thinking adult to decide to post off list or to delete in my own
home. I told myself early last year when I nearly left the list, and
didnt, that no one or any issue would give me the excuse to leave if
there might be one thing I can offer to anyone or if there is anything
that I might learn from someone to help my pwp friend in Oz. I am sorry
that, for you, a decision is near that may lose us someone who does have
a lot to offer the list. You asked for public response and this is mine
Bob..

Sincerely,

* seattle* Audrey

> OK, folks, it is time to fish or cut bait.  Is this List designed for
> support/education, etc., for people with Parkinson's disease; or is it
> place to tell jokes, make fun of minorities, and criticize those who
> object to insensitive behavior?  "Boobs", "dumb blondes", and some
> of the other things which have passed for "humor" lately on this List
> can be followed by "kikes", "wops", "polacks", "queers", "crips"
> (which is what I have heard used to speak of PWPs before), and other
> choice epithets.
>
> I had always thought that if something was offensive to one person in
> a group, that common decency dictated that the offensive behavior be
> stopped for the sake of the group; but that apparently is not the
belief
> of the majority of the Parkinsn group.  Several people have posted to
> me privately that they support my position (actually, quite a few; and
> you all know who you are); but, for whatever reason, they have not
> posted to the List as a whole.  Therefore, what is being posted on the
> List is continuing blather as to how people like me should "live with
> it".
>
> Well, I will not "live with" acceptance of ridicule or demeaning of
> human beings because they might be "different", or belong to one
> gender/group/race or another.  It is against common decency; and, in
> most cases, the law, as well.
>
> I don't know how many physicians remain on the Parkinsn List.  For all
> I know, I may be the last one.  I joined this List many years ago
> because my father-in-law, also a physician, was afflicted with PD (I
> diagnosed and treated him until he died several years ago at the age
of
> 91), thinking that I might have something to offer the people here.
It