I don't usually have the time to read all of the PIEN articles, but I
happened to read Bob Fink's angry response to some type of debate on humor.
My comments about Bob: Losing Bob Fink's participation would be comparable to
losing four out of five fingers of your best hand. Bob and I have had a major
disagreement on the stem cell issue, but we settled it like gentlemen (I
think).
Bob is conscientious, friendly and knowledgeable. Although we have never met,
I consider him a friend that I could turn to in need.
Crips, Kikes, Wops, etc., have too many bad memories to have a place in the
parlor and I look upon this forum as I would a gathering in my family room.

Those of you who insist on telling jokes in the Forum, may have the right,
but what is left? My right and Bob's right to stop reading the column.
Obviously the joke teller's have a need. A desire to be recognized as a value
to society and humor is their tool to succeed. But humor is a two edged
weapon. It can cut and it can make me bleed just as sure as direct insults
can.
I direct one question at the humorists: Did you create the "joke" or are you
simply passing on what strikes you as funny? If you are just "passing it on"
we've probably heard it before, so you do not appear to be the genius you
wanted to be.
NOW tell me something I haven't heard before, if you can do it without
insulting someone -- somewhere -- somehow.