Barbara this could be a side effect of one of your meds...have you
gotten any relief yet? This sounds like a dystonic reaction to meds.
Anticholinergic drugs can relieve this if it is medication induced.
My opinion is that you are "not in danger" but you do need comfort and
relief from this symptom.

Hugs, Gail Vass, R.N.