DR Fink and/or DR. Romero and/or DR. Cris (sorry I don't have your exact
last name handy)
This article makes DBS sound very risky, especially for PWP's age 69 or
over. I have a tremor that is not helped at all by any of the PD meds, and I
am 65 now, thinking that DBS might be in my future,but I hope not for many
years.  I would like your comments on  the contents of this posting by Linda
Herman?

These are just a very small portion of the orginal post.

Lanier Maddux    Chattanooga Tn.

Brain, Vol. 123, No. 10, 2091-2108, October 2000
Neuropsychological consequences of chronic bilateral stimulation of
the subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson's disease

The major finding in the present study is that STN DBS puts elderly
patients at risk for cognitive impairment, even in the absence of any
signs of early or incipient dementia. In addition, the clinical motor
improvement may be quite modest in patients older than 69 years.