"Robert A. Fink, M. D." wrote:

> Date sent:              Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:34:16 -0800
> Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
> From:                   Juanita Hibbert <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:                Re: RE Bob Fink and Humor
> To:                     [log in to unmask]
>
> > Re: RE Bob Fink and Humor
>
> I have been trying not to "fuel" this discussion, but the above subject
> line needs to be commented upon.
>
> What I am making the point about is NOT HUMOR (shouting).  It is
> prejudice, insensitivity, ridicule, and nastiness.  There is nothing
> "humorous" about denigrating another human being.
>
> As I have said many times here, I have no problem with humor; but I
> will not tolerate prejudice in any form.

Come on Bob, every coin has two faces ... the same are the jokes .
You may have some friend that may say : "Hey Bob you son of a gun" in a friendly tone , and I expect
you will not be offended . It will not be the same if someone say the same thing angrily to you.

I have two daughters that are blondes and do not see prejudices about these jokes , besides I take
tolerance as good virtue but not cherished by many in this list .

Best,

Joao Paulo - Salvador,BA,Brazil