Hi everyone,

Couldn't sleep, so went to the PIEN list.  Soon
I was reading Fran's account of Rotenone and other
pesticides, while she handled fish, when I remembered
that my father used to spray TONS of white "rose dust"
to kill Japanese beetles on mom and dad's roses, wiht
me following him around the back yard, awestruck
by his moon explorers'  gear, to protect his face and hands.

We all inhaled whitish rose dust when this heavy
"dust" was sprayed- in great clouds, bursting out of
the plastic nipple of a somewhat ominous, plastic
squeezable cannister, with a red and white label.

When I think about the rose dust, I wonder if
this is related to my early onset PD?

Any other rose lovers out there care to comment?
Could professional and amateur gardeners who use "rose dust"
perhaps get PD more often than other gardeners??

By the way, I now have beautiful rhododendrons,
all kinds of wild roses, fkowers galore,  and NEVER spray,
or dry or liquid "fertilize" with any kind of pesticides..

  These days, I just flick any  voracious Japanese
beetles off of my grape leaves with my fingers,
and hope for the  best.

My grapes are also pesticide-free, and  this year,
the yield of grapes was the most ever, and,
more important, the taste of my Concord
grape jam is just mouth-watering!!  I give
away bottles and bottles of it every year.

Ivan, Portland Maine
51-39-36
:-) <<PIEN'ers>>

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:40:31 -0800 Fran Peck <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Yes, BUT it may help to explain why I have developed Parkinsons
> symptoms. I
> was actively involved in research in fish work and was exposed
> (alot) to
> rotenone as well as other pesticides for many years. I did not eat
> the fish,
> I actively handled the compound

_CU T_

Bob Armentrout comments, in part...:

> >  high as to be improbable for people to consume the same amount.
> Some
> >  products currently being pulled from the market are used so
> frequently,
> that
> >  exposure to them is quite likely - products like diazinon or
> dursban for
> >  example.   However, these exposures, still don't subject the
> people to
> the
> >  same doses which rats are exposed to.  I tend to agree with the
> list
> member
> >  who concluded that scientist are hazardous to rat's health....
> >
> >  just an observation...
> >  bob aka tex

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses     a dawn's  02   deg. F   :-)