Hi Connie,
I'm so sorry to hear of Jack's trip to the ER, that can be quite
traumatic. Regarding water, this is a difficult topic for many PWP. The
more water you drink, the more often you need to get up, travel to the
bathroom, and unfasten clothing; and this can be very daunting.

For this reason and many other reasons, chronic mild dehydration occurs
quite frequently with PD, and can lead to kidney stones, confusion,
dizziness, urinary tract infections, heat stroke, and, yes,
constipation/impactions -- among other conditions.

It's a hard thing to make yourself drink sufficient water as PD
progresses. One thing that works for many of my clients, though, is to
drink a full glass of water each time they take medications. That way,
by the time the bladder fills up, the medication is working, and the
individual has better mobility and is better able to reach the bathroom
and unfasten clothing.

Anyway, I'm glad to know Jack is better, and hope this won't happen
again. You are a great carer!! and Jack doubtless knows how fortunate he
is to have you by his side.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/