Hi Ivan,
Say, I keep a bottle of "Swiss Kriss" in my travel bag -- when
traveling, it's often VERY difficult for me to stay regular, and SK is a
big help.

It's a very powerful laxative, however, and I try not to use it more
than 3-4 times a year. Too-frequent use can lead to dependency and can
also be destructive to the lining of the colon. I'd try to deal with
constipation by use of fiber, fluids, and exercise much as possible;
hopefully, for most people, this will minimize laxative use.

Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/