----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert A. Fink, M. D." <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 1:25 PM

> blah,...blah,...blah,...blah,...
> Why is "Brandi" a blonde?  What does the color of her hair have to
> do with God?  Why is she not a bald-headed man who works for an
> aircraft company?
>
> Seriously, why is Mr. Hawkins continuing to "push" this issue?

I can see both sides of the coin.  If a bald man working for an aircraft
company is substituted, all bald men might take offense as well as all
people working for aircraft companies.  Eventually any female could take
umbrage when a joke refers to a female, and similarly for a male.  The is no
limit to where this can lead, and this can easily become a form of
censorship whether imposed by self or by the community.  The self imposed
censorship becomes discretion and proper values because I can define it for
myself, but it is wrong for me to impose on anyone else.  This cycle can now
also apply to any other moral value like pro-life which some will equate
with anti abortion......subjects which I am not about to discuss again.
This nation is in the throes of coming out of a very divisive election
process and when all is said and done, we will have to live together whether
it is in the same household, residence, town, city, state, or nation.
Division diminishes and cripples the capability to fight the real enemy
which here and now is Parkinson's and other diseases.

-- Michel Margosis
      'Carpe Diem'