Michel Margosis wrote:
>Division diminishes and cripples the capability to fight the real enemy
>which here and now is Parkinson's and other diseases.

Michel, your statement directly and effectively addresses the current list
scenario.  Some key contributors are leaving the list, and several others
are upset (an understatement?).  I have been a subscriber only about 6
months.  During that time, I have seen a few somewhat similar situations.
This time the discussion and actions seem more serious than the others.

Discussion regarding the direction of the list seems to be a legitimate
activity that should take place periodically.  Differences of opinion are
inevitable, and can be healthy.  I have trouble understanding why this
cannot be undertaken without major controversy.  It appears that e-mail can
be too easily used to launch long range missiles without concern about
seeing the result of impact.

My request:  To those planning to leave the list, please reconsider.  To
those who plan to stop contributing, please reconsider.  To those who want
to launch a personal attack, please find a less inflammatory means of making
your argument.  To those reacting to a perceived insult or attack, please
back off and think about the consequences of hitting back.

Can we try to get back on track and worry more about fighting the "real
enemy" as Michel suggests?

Dave Bergford
59 now / 58 dx. / 55 onset