In a message dated 12/7/00 3:49:59 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I think it would be interesting to see how the male/female
 population would react to  unisex toilet >>

I can tell you how they'll react.  We recently renovated the Sunday school
department at my church and in the process went from two separate
bathrooms--Men& Women-- to two unisex bathrooms.  One is just one large room
so that it's wheelchair accessible and the other is the standard two-stall
room.  Whenever one of the ladies uses the one with two stalls, they lock the
door, even if there's nobody else in there.  They're afraid a man might walk
in.  The men, on the other hand, don't seem to mind one way or the other.  I
actually walked in on one man who not only didn't lock the stall door, he
didn't even close it.  Needless to say, folks aren't too happy with the new
arrangement.
Eleanor