I get asked many times when a person will know they need assistance.
Sometimes when u start questioning urself , u may very well need
assistance. Whoa I am not pushing N>HOmes here. I have been on a waiver
4 program that has abled me to stay at home. I am not at all the stereo
typical NH patient. I need assistant period. No question. I can't drive,
need help in and out of the bath, preparation of my minute rice. ensure,
stuff like that. I can choose like some of you to sit at home and wait
or I can choose to go out. I get extremely fatigues, and tremor ALOT
among other things. I don't care, I love to go out. Now my outtings
consist of go to rehab and therapy mostly, and try to do crafts,ect.

My last aide quit as usual:)I hate soap operas and I don't like paying
people to talk on their cell phones:)

SOOOO...being as vocal as I try, I cried, then thght shoot get on the
phone. There must be a way out. Called my caseworker. She was learly of
asking if I want Day Care. 8:30 -3 I said do they have a pool and
exercise place?? YEP. Didn't ask about the computer , but I am sure I
can get that installed somehow. My son is going to take me next week. He
doesn't know that yet:)Medicare and medicaid cover the pool 2 times a
month and 80. for the pool and exercise when waver u want!  80 bucks!
Thank God. SOunds silly but i knew somehow things would work out.I do
get frustrated though.More and more young people are taking advantage of
day care and the pool/ exercise facilities.  I am going to visit it next
thurs and will let u all know what it is really like:)

If u need a place to go to work out or swim for the day think about
looking into one. Think of it as a exercise club only the govt. helps
pay for it. Thank God, otherwise I couldn't afford it. A generous man
donated the aqua therapy place. It is HUGE and has everything.
Corporation and the government actually working together. One couldn't
do it without the other.

sincerely,
nancy m.