A Lesson Well Learned from a Not so Productive Day!!

Upon rising this morning I had such positive thoughts.  I am a "to-do" list person.  Sometimes it keeps me grounded but sometimes my list can be an aggravation.  My list looked like this this morning:

1.  Mail Cards and Letters.
2.  Check on The Bills in Congress.
3.  Vacuum my apartment.
4.  Clean the bathroom.
5.  Clean mirrors and glass table tops.
6.  Finish Christmas list.

As time in my life progresses with having pd I am noticing slight changes from week to week.  What I am finding most bothersome is my ingestion of protein.  I am finding that if I have had too much protein even the day before my mobility the next day will be questionable.  So far today I have accomplished 1 and 2 on my list. I am okay with just getting #1 and #2 done.  What I am having trouble with is my protein sensitivity.  It has become so acute lately.  A clear sign of progression. I found myself dwelling on this. Then something phenomenal happened.

My next door neighbor(Sharon) went out of town this morning.  She had left my Christmas card with her neighbor(Mrs. Little) because I could not make it to the door this morning. Finally, after my meds turned on, I went to Mrs. Little's to pick up my Christmas card.  It was upon visiting with Mrs. Little that God took me on a journey.  Mrs.  Little gave to me a picture of my mother when she was 5 years old.  Much to my surprise was that my brother's little girl (Whitney) who is now 5 years old is the spitten image of my Mama at that same age. It took just one old picture to lift the heaviness of my heart. I thanked Mrs. Little and for the rest of my day I have been content thinking of past memories.

I remember when I was just a little girl my grandfather and I would put a salt and pepper shaker in our britches pockets and we would meander down to the country garden where we would pluck off the juiciest tomatoes this side of Texas. Grandpa and I would pick out a big shady tree to sit under, take out our salt and pepper shakers, plop down, knock the dirt off of those "choice-picked", salt and pepper them "just so" and commence to eating them.  Now talk about a little piece of heaven....the tomatoe and the making of the memory was my little piece of heaven today.  That memory led to the memory of me and my grandmother make homemade southern biscuits.  It was almost as if I could actually smell the bread and hearing me and grandma giggling like two little girls.

The making of these memories taught me to appreciate the little things.  I could choose to get down about what the pd has robbed me of today.  What a waste of time that would be!  How can I be sad?  With all the blessings and beauty that I have already been given in my life I can only choose to be thankful today for this day.

Now for the rest of my day I will be remembering some new memories that I made while traveling and see what other lessons I can learn today.  Much love and hope...Sandy
Sandy Norris 40/28/20 check my new site..  www.plwp.org/sandys_parkie_porch.htm
"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."