Hi Doug-- you wrote in part---
>I subscribed to this list looking for answers maybe to see
>if anyone else is dealing with the same issues as I am. I have
>been lurking for a while so if I may I would like to introduce
>myself. My name is Doug Brown, 42 years old "birthday today"
>I live in Wichita Kansas, marred to a wonderful loving lady Debby.
>I have 4 children and 3 grand children.  I have been diagnosed
>with PD for 10 years. I am afraid and feel as though I am losing
>control.

SNIPPED

>How do I talk with my wife about this she is very supportive, but she seems
>to tune out when ever I talk about Parkinson's I feel as though she is
>afraid to face the fact that my PD has progressed to this point. We
>have talked in the past "years ago" and she has said we will cross
>that bridge when we come to it. Well I think we have reached that
>bridge but we are both afraid to set foot on it. Any suggestions,
>advise would be appreciated.
>  Thanks  Doug

You've already had some helpful replies, and I'd like to second the
suggestion that your wife join our CARE list for caregivers (CGs) of PWPs.
That would be a good way for her to talk with other CGs about her
questions, fears, etc, without worrying about maybe hurting your feelings,
and might make it easier for her to talk to you.  The excellent booklets
mentioned can be had by calling the PD orgs listed below:

  The American Parkinsons Disease association (APDA)
    1250 Hylan Blvd., Suite 4B,  Staten Island, NY 10305
    http://www.apdaparkinson.com/  (includes directory of support groups)
        Fax: (718) 981-4399
       E-mail: [log in to unmask]
        TOLL FREE: 1-800-223-2732   [1-800-223-APDA] National Office
        Local from New York City or toll long distance:  (718)-981-8001
        FAX TOLL (718)-981-4399

   ALSO:

    APDA Young-Onset Information & Referral Center
    2100 Pfingsten Road,  Glenview, IL 60025
    email [log in to unmask]
    http://members.aol.com/apdaypd
   1/800-223-9776

        TOLL FREE: 1-800-223-2732   [1-800-223-APDA] National Office
        Local from New York City or toll long distance:  (718)-981-8001
        FAX TOLL (718)-981-4399

        *********
        National Parkinson Fndtn.,Inc.
        1501 N.W. Ninth Ave. , Bob Hope Road, Miami,FL 33136-1494
        (800) 327-4545       e-mail:  [log in to unmask]      Fax:
305 548-4403
        http://www.parkinson.org

   ASK for their series of free bookletson many phases of PD., and their
magazine.
***********

You've come to the right place for info re: resources, and while every
PWP's experience is different in some ways, you will find many who share
your problems and concerns..

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html