>I subscribed to this list looking for answers maybe to see
>if anyone else is dealing with the same issues as I am. I have
>been lurking for a while so if I may I would like to introduce
>myself. My name is Doug Brown, 42 years old "birthday today"
>I live in Wichita Kansas, marred to a wonderful loving lady Debby.
>I have 4 children and 3 grand children.  I have been diagnosed
>with PD for 10 years.

have you been fairly well satisfied that your medication has been
beneficial enough?

>I am afraid and feel as though I am losing
>control. I may be losing my job because of my illness. I am a
>Computer Technician and have had several of my customers
>complain that they no longer feel confident in my ability to support
>them. One of them called and complained about my apparent DTs.

have most of these complaints come to your boss? the 3 weeks in your
next sentence indicates that you have not had a sufficient discussion
to make your boss aware of the chronic nature of PD. your medical
insurance may be of real value to you, but i suggest that you enlist
the help of community service volunteers to see what benefits might
be available - if you do not have friends or relatives who will help
you to transition to disabled status with the americans with
disabilities act benefits from your employer - and SSD benefits from
social security disability.

>My employer has told me to take 3 weeks medical leave to get things
>under control before I come back to work. I have been passing out
>"not good when you drive 1000 miles a week" get confused easily
>and forget important information.

are you taking Mirapex or Requip? these two may have sudden sleep effects.

>I have been freezing lately and have
>fell a few times. I have lost 30 pounds in the last month and seem to
>be in a deep depression.

have your wife and children become involved in understanding what you
face? PD affects all your family and acquaintances!

>My children and my wife ask me why I am
>upset and when I say I'm not they say that I always look like I am mad
>or upset and that I never smile any more. I have talked with my Doc
>about this and have started taking anti-depressants and made appt to
>see mental heath consoler.

did your neurologist give you the antidepressant prescription? have
you found benefit?

the PD meds and the antidepressant will interact with each other.
side effects can be difficult - you may need expert help in gaining a
suitable combination.

i suggest that you take this and some of the other responses - make
copies and talk with your supervisors with the personnel department
representative involved to ask how they have assisted others disabled
with oncoming disability.

do this discussing with your family also.if you try to handle this
alone, you will stress yourself into clinical depression and misery
that should not come to any of us.
if you can join a support group - get involved with it - you will all benefit.

>Will see a new Neurologist next month but I
>am afraid that I may lose my job before I get things under control. How
>do I talk with my wife about this she is very supportive, but she seems
>to tune out when ever I talk about Parkinson's I feel as though she is
>afraid to face the fact that my PD has progressed to this point. We
>have talked in the past "years ago" and she has said we will cross
>that bridge when we come to it. Well I think we have reached that
>bridge but we are both afraid to set foot on it. Any suggestions,
>advise would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Doug
best wishes, ron