Date sent:              Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:13:45 EST
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Sharon Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                internet explorer problem
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Yes, I am experiencing problems also.  I am using the IE5.5 version
> and have installed, uninstalled, installed, and uninstalled, and
> installed again....Plus tried every troubleshooting tactic I know and
> still have the connecting, no server found, can't access, etc.etcetc.
> messages.......I may switch over to Netscape.....Has anyone tried or
> does anyone use Netscape as their browser? Sharon 45/43

Make sure that you are *connected to the Internet* when you try to
access a Website through IE (or any other browser).  If you are not
*connected* (in your case, AOL must be running; for other service
providers, you have to be connected to the ISP), you will get the error
messages.  Also make sure that IE is not in "offline mode" (check
under File/Preferences, etc.).

I was a fan of Netscape before IE 5 came out.  When I got a new set of
computers last year, IE 5.01 came pre-installed (with WIN98), and
although I resent Microsoft's "takeover", I have used it since because
I think that it is a bit easier to use that the old Netscape (4.08) that I
had.  The new Netscape may be better (version 6.0), but I have not yet
tried it.  Good luck.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"