d said she saw on TV a couple of nights ago, that this
> celebrity had PD, and it was in remisison and it was a form of brain
> cancer.  Now, I've been on the list since Nov. 1999, and I've never heard
> anyone say anything about it being a type of cancer,

While brain cancer can mimic PD, all PD is not caused by brain cancer.  I
wonder if the celebrity in question was Billy Graham.  He did not have brain
cancer (I don't think) but did have a form of hydrocephalus - a condition in
which the size of the brain ventricles increases due to an obstruction in
the flow of cerebral spinal fluid.  Once  a shunt was  implanted, thus
allowing the cerebral spinal fluid to flow normally,  his symptoms of PD
disappeared.  His case is unusual, but perhaps this is a good time to remind
PD victims that the performance of a  head Cat scan or x-ray should be a
considered in the diagnosis of PD.
-----
God bless

Mary Ann Ryan (CG Jamie 61/21)