----- Original Message -----
From: "Mario A. Gonzalez" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 12:36 PM
Subject: How long does it take to get going in the morning?

> It seems that lately, it is taking me longer and longer to become fit to
do
> my daily
> affairs, driving, etc.
> I have been experiencing freezing and bradykinesia.
> Can you share your experiences about how you start your day and how long
> it takes you to get going.
>
> thanks,
>

> Mario

  Mario-- I have had the same problem for some time.  I take my "loading"
dose (1 siinemet 5/100) when  I wake up, and another 1/2 hour later.  I stay
in bed until the meds kick in--I watch tv or read.  There is no point in
trying to do much (play tennis,bowl, or consult with the Bush administration
on cabinet appointments --just kidding!) until your body is ready.   It is
just a part of life.