Howdy list Family
I found this list of "Nonmotor PD Symptoms" and thought I'd share.
Kelly in Calgary
40\49\46

"Nonmotor" Symptoms of PD Can be Problematic
When James Parkinson described the features of Parkinson's Disease (PD) in
1817 he wrote about the motor features of tremor, rigidity, and slowness of
movement or bradykinesia. These movement difficulties are the "motor"
symptoms and signs that are most obvious, but there are numerous other
problems arising in the course of the disease that are "nonmotor" in nature.
These problems range from psychiatric disturbances such as depression and
anxiety to disturbances in the normal pattern of sleep. They may be related
to the medications used to treat the motor symptoms or they might be a
consequence of the disease itself. Some of these "nonmotor" symptoms may
also exhibit the same "on-off" phenomena or fluctuations seen with the motor
symptoms.
Typically, these problems can be more troublesome to the patient, family, or
caregivers than the motor symptoms. As such, they require special attention
and management by the healthcare professionals assisting in the care of the
PD patient.
"Nonmotor" Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
1) Psychiatric symptoms
a) Depression
b) Anxiety
c) Dementia
d) Hallucinations and Delusions
2) Sleep Disorders
a) Fragmentation of sleep
b) Excessive daytime sleepiness
c) Abnormally vivid dreams
d) Rapid Eye Movement behavior disorder
e) Restless leg syndrome
3) Fatigue
4) Disorders of the autonomic nervous system
a) Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure)
b) Gastrointestinal problems
c) Bladder problems
d) Sexual dysfunction
e) Excessive sweating
f) Excessive salivation and drooling
g) Skin problems
5) Pain
a) Musculoskeletal (arthritis, bursitis)
b) Primary pain symptoms