Well I'm sorry but the  first thing that comes to mind is a very small wash cloth, some   Ivory soap, and the mouse's permission.
Lanny

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert A. Fink, M. D.
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: not pd: mouses' balls

Date sent:              Thu, 21 Dec 2000 01:11:48 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "B. Bruce Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                not pd: mouses' balls
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> is there anyone out there in computerland who knows what to use to
> clean the ball on the underside of your mouse?  not an earth
> shattering topic as topics go, but my pointer sticks on my screen and
> i think it's the little plastic ball underneath it.
>
> thank you!!
>
> bba

I open the little channel where the ball is located, take the ball out, and
clean it with the same stuff that I clean my monitor with (it is an
alcohol-based solvent).  I also clean out the little lenses on the inside
of the channel with the same stuff (a very small amount on a lint-free
cloth).  Obviously, do this only when you computer is shut down.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"