Dear Lanny-- I hope Barb Patterson is enjoying her Christmas and not on the
list--so as another listowner (of CARE) I'll  offer my view.  "Personal"
messages, are first of all, those that are only of interest to ONE person,
not all 1900 members.
Second, they are messages that attack someone PERSONALLY, and  represent a
personal "feud", which again should not be dumped on all 1900 of us.   We
have seen too many of those on PIEN, though I must tell you that we NEVER
see them on the CARE list---maybe that means CGs are not human??  <G>
Just think twice, and be aware of how your reply function is set---do
Sarita in India, Gloria in Spain, Maryse in France or Gil in Israel REALLY
really need to  read your thoughts about this?  If you are just tempted to
be clever and take a whack at someone, please think again !  Flaming is
definitely a NO-NO !

I'm sending a CC to Barb P. and if she wants to correct anything I've said,
I hope she will !

>    I  don't understand the differences, hows and  wherefores of 'posting
>personal mail' versus posting to the list.  I  understand  plain old eMail
>from 'me  to you'.     Help would be appreciated.  I get in enough trouble
>doing  things that  I understand, let alone doing something new and
>Lanny D. Weddel

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html