Date:    Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:49:02 -0800
From:    Sandra Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TUG-OF-WAR!

Sandy's Parkie Porch!

Hello!

Glad to have you come and sit with me for a spell. My name is Sandy Norris.
I am also known as "sandyofnc" and "sassyplwp". I am 40 years old and I am a
person living with Parkinson's Disease (Pd). My neurologists have labeled it
"young-onset" or more precisely Juvenile-parkinson's. I have had Pd since
the age of 20. To the best of my knowledge, I am one of the youngest to have
lived with Pd for the amount of time that I have. I "actively-choose" to
live my life as positively as I can. It has been an ongoing prayer of mine
that God would use me in such a way as to "give back" and to "benefit" the
Pd community. Hence, Brenda and Nan have been the deliverers of this
answered prayer. Thank you Brenda and Nan! Over the course of twenty years I
have gained insight pertaining to the "living" with Parkinson's Disease. I
would like to offer my "open heart" to you in hopes of possibly helping you
live with Pd. Our Pd community is growing in number! Our voices need to be
heard! If you have something you are dealing with or you just would like to
know how I cope with Pd please know I am here to try and help. Write your
question or your need in the space provided and I will get back to you.
Remember we are all in this fight together. I feel blessed to be a part of
PLWP.