Mary-- We have been told to wait at least 30 minutes after a Sinemet before
eating.  Also, that after a meal we should wait 1-2 hours before a pill.
Hoeever, you can also try to balance protein by having aratio of  7 gm
carbo, to  1 gm. protein.  You can get a free copy of a "condensed" version
of Kathrynne's book from NPF (1-800-327-4545 ) to help replace the one you
lost, BTW.

>I take one Sinemet l0/l00 every 2 hrs.  This seems to suit me best.  I am
>wondering
>in general how you folks handle protein.  I've heard that sometimes it is
>taken mostly with the evening meal.  Sometimes other ways.  I'm having a hard
>time trying to keep to a balanced & interesting & EASY diet while keeping the
>protein low.  I had Katherine's book buy lent it out & it disappeared.  I
>would appreciate any suggestions.
>
>MDawn

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html