hi all

some may interpret rick's message as a personal attack
on sandy and her generosity

('in the ozone' doesn't strike me as particularly flattering)

and personal attacks, aside from being frowned upon by our list mom,
are just the thing to discourage open and honest communication
among us

why not look at the generosity and love behind sandy's offer?
it certainly cannot be viewed as a threat to anyone,
can it?

so why attack it?
why not rejoice in it?

this list is not in competition with plwp,
or the mgh forum,
or .. etc...,
is it?

janet

At 09:05 2000/12/22 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't think the people on this list (at least not this
>one) need someone out in the ozone answering their questions
>on how to live with Parkinson's. My vision of the list is
>that we're all in this together. Sandy, I would suggest
>you come down from your Parkie Porch and join us on the
>playground. Take care, Rick 49/47

>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:49:02 -0800
>From:    Sandra Norris <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TUG-OF-WAR!
>
>Sandy's Parkie Porch!
>
>Hello!
>
>Glad to have you come and sit with me for a spell. My
>name is Sandy Norris.I am also known as "sandyofnc" and
>"sassyplwp". I am 40 years old and I am a person living
>with Parkinson's Disease (Pd). My neurologists have
>labeled it "young-onset" or more precisely Juvenile-
>parkinson's. I have had Pd  since the age of 20. To
>the best of my knowledge, I am one of the youngest to
>have lived with Pd for the amount of time that I have.
>I "actively-choose" to live my life as positively as
>I can. It has been an ongoing prayer of mine that
>God would use me in such a way as to "give back" and
>to "benefit" the Pd community. Hence, Brenda and Nan
>have been the deliverers of this answered prayer. Thank
>you Brenda and Nan! Over the course of twenty years I
>have gained insight pertaining to the "living" with
>Parkinson's Disease. I would like to offer my "open
>heart" to you in hopes of possibly helping you live
>with Pd. Our Pd community is growing in number! Our
>voices need to be heard! If you have something you are
>dealing with or you just would like to know how I cope
>with Pd please know I am here to try and help. Write
>your question or your need in the space provided and
>I will get back to you. Remember we are all in this
>fight together. I feel blessed to be a part of PLWP.

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/