hi all

this is cross-posted from the mgh web-forum:

hi peggy, and thanks!

you asked me off-line,
and i thought i'd reply on-line,
so as to share the info with all,

>Subject: update
>Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:46:17 -0500
>
>janet-
>
>you are so informed on new issues, esp.
>political. Could you help me understand
>exactly what we need to do wheen the 107th
>Congressional Forum convenes??
>
>Your posted update in MGH PD/PLWP forums
>sounded as if the NIH 15% increase was a
>done deal. With all the changes in office,
>is this still true? Do we need to be
>contacting our reps/senators? I've seen
>bills passed get kicked back, esp. with
>Bush's strong stand against embryonic stem
>cell research.
>
>Your input would be appreciated (and due
>credit given). How can I contact Claeys'
>or Samuelson??
>
>THANKS!
>
>Peggy

the best place to find the best answers
is at the Parkinson Action Network (PAN) site:
http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/

joan samuelson started this advocacy group
more than five years ago, and in my humble opinion,
has been the driving force behind all of the work involved in
the passing of the Udall Bill and the funding thereof

she is one of my personal heroes
(try a search on her name at my own website!)

when she and michael j. fox joined forces
by uniting the aims of PAN with the Fox Foundation,
i felt that my wildest dreams were being realized!

but then the Parkinson Alliance joined the PD research funding bandwagon,
and i realised the dreams were becoming reality!

our voices are being heard now

five years ago,
joan's was one of the clearest voices i had ever heard

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/