The Tug-of-War is on. I am finding myself pushing and pulling at my emotions
today. Or should I say that the Pd is doing the pushing and the pulling.
Tonight and to be honest, most of the day I have been in a battle of wills.
The overwhelming pain this evening is trying to get me to succumb to
self-pity. The Spirit that lives within me is rising up and reaching out for
the strength to triumph in this fight for self-preservation. Pain can be a
wicked thing. A dark, black place, that wishes to consume my will, my mind.
I am struggling to preserve my mental strength. I am struggling to preserve
the healthiness that still resides in my body. I will not relinquish my
fortitude. Self-pity can be just as wicked as pain. As the tears, the
healing tears flow again this evening, I will make the active choice to
think of more positive thoughts. Being involved with other plwps helps.
Identifying with your pain and anguish strengthens my compassion for others.
This suffering, this pain, acts as a nutrient, a fertilizer, to enable the
compassion to well up within me in eagerness to pour forth a kinship that
can relate without even speaking words aloud. Courage can be born from
adversity. It can only benefit the soul to strive to see the beauty in this
ugly war. Beauty in pain? Beauty in crying aloud? Beauty in my body being
twisted with dyskinesia? When I am suffering the most, it is then that God
brings to me the thought of a beautiful field of flowers, the vision of the
way the sun sets on the ocean. When I cry out in pain, it is then that God
speaks to my heart saying, "I am here my child; you are not alone." When I
feel the dyskinesia is at its ugliest, I am reminded that it is not our
outward appearance that touches the heart of God. What is important is what
the pain causes to pour forth from my heart. I heard on the national news of
a "miracle baby" in Kentucky. A pregnant woman was involved in a violent
automobile accident. Her unborn child was literally ripped from her body
with the umbilical chord intact. The baby is still alive. Imagine that
mother's pain. God allowed her pain to be transformed into the beauty of
life. I wish to leave you with the admiration in my heart and compassion in
my heart for all of you. I admire each one of you that are still putting one
foot in front of the other. I admire each one of you that reach out; because
it is in the reaching out that makes us strong. It takes more strength and
courage to reach toward something or someone instead of sitting idle in
self-pity. When your tears fall may they be caught by the hand of a loving
friend and put into a well that a rainbow can be seen over. Much love and
hope....Sandy