> >"This is exciting news because this drug is the first that showed even
> >the possibility of slowing the course of this disease, not just treating
> >its symptoms," said neurologist William Langston, MD, of The Parkinson's

This article illustrates why generalities shouldn't apply in PD.  We've
heard over and over from our doctors that Eldepryl (Selegiline) doesn't work
well for those suffering PD.  Yet every time we try to stop the drug, my
husband's condition deteriorates.  Eldepryl works for him  - we don't know
why, but it does.  He does have a very unusual case of YOPD, so the dynamics
at work in other cases might not apply to him.  The moral of the story
is......if the drug works for an you, keep it - if it doesn't, drop it.
Don't worry about what the literature says.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 61/21)