I had a total hip replacement and a total knee replacement, both after having
been diagnosed as PD.  After each surgey I was put in a nursing home which
specialized in physical therapy.  I was in the nursing home about 3-4 weeks
each time.  The insurance company paid for everything; it was generally
recognized that the PD could effect my rehabilitation.  I had more physical
therapy after returning home.  I do not remember any issues as to medication.
 My orthopedic doctor's wife has PD, and that fact, combined with my
orthopedic doctor's extensive knowledge of PD, had a significant impact on my
treatment.  Katie