Hi, folks....who let the cat out of the bag?  I was in the process of
forming a committee (so far John Cottingham and Camilla Flintermann..and
yes it is the real JC...I spoke to him on the telephone and there is no
disguising that Oklahoma accent) in order to create some order of the
chaos that the list has been experiencing lately.  In reviewing how
similar lists operate, we decided to follow the example of "The List
Charter'.  This document sets out in black and white (or white on blue in
my case) what the goals of the list are, what the rights and
responsibilities of the members and listowner are, the basic rules of
netiquette and the consequences of breaking the rules.  I had hoped that
it would never come to this but....

A prime example of the need for this occurred this evening.  There were 9
messages, 5 from one person (who has apparently started her own pd list)
and the topic of these 9 messages had nothing to do with pd.  All of the
discussion could have taken place off the list therebye not taking up the
time and energy of 1900 other members.

With a list charter available to us all, perhaps we will be able to use
this gift from the University of Toronto to the benefit of us all.  I
hope you will be patient with us until we get all the kinks out of it.

Thank you for your cooperation in this and I hope you all have a happy,
safe and healthy new year.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing