Hi Greg-- just a few responses to your post below--
-
first,  you are assuming a "stringent set of rules" before you have seen
what Barb is working on-- can we all take a deep breath and give her a
chance here?

second, your suggestion to "live with" the "arguing and bitching" may feel
fine for you, but evidently not to a good many who have left the list
because of it.  And not all altenatives are usable by all members.

third, the "general agreement to maintain civility" was not sufficient in
past weeks....which Barb regrets as much as you and I do.  I don't think
she wants or intends a "fully monitored list" by any means. ...just a
clearer set of guidelines to help maintain that "civility", not a rule
against disagreement, for sure!

>All,
>I don't see a need for a stringent set of rules on the List.   A general
>agreement to maintain civility is sufficient.  If someone feels
>uncomfortable with the disagreements posted then they should either use
>their delete key, use the digest, or PIENO website to obtain the messages.
>The arguing and bitching and personality conflicts are PD.  Live with it.
>
>Greg
>48/35/35

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH
        On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.