Hi Bill,

Two staff at  Rep.Tom Allen's office
and at one at Sen. Olympia Snowe's office (the Portland offices)
both of whom I have been talking to, have "checked out" what is
happening,  but tell me that they cannot actually involve themselves
beyond showing concern about me.

The state has 2 assistant attorneys-general trying to
get me cut from 13 to 5 hours a day. Yesterday, they subpoenaed
my neurologist, after he had already sent an affidavit to support my
need for the 13 hours--in fact, he supports 24 hours of help.

I am following the Olmstead v. Georgia case, of needing to live
in the community, in the  least restrictive environment.
I don't see why Maine seems to ignore that my home is a PD-adapted home.
I have refused to be carted off to a non-adapted and totally
inappropriate nursing home, or to any nursing home.

Ivan

> Ivan,  When our family has had problems that the bureaucracy seemed
> unable to solve, we would get results when we contacted our
> congressmen.
> Get in touch with them directly, not just the people in their
> offices
> unless you find they will really work for you.  Hope this helps!
> Tx Bill

 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)