I agree wholeheartedly with Greg's sentiments but am not willing to bow out
(just yet, anyway -- I'm still a newbie).

Exactly how many people have left the list since the recent unpleasantness?
Could you please also take a deep breath and review the complaints for
perspective?  Sometimes in our desire to be sensitive to the feelings of a
vocal few, we overreact.  Could the making of the list charter be such an
over reaction?

I tried to post a message on this issue last night but it did not seem to go
through (I'm attributing that to a technical error on my part).  In a
nutshell, I stated that the mistakes we make without a charter are not as
costly as the ones we can make with a charter.  How much energy are we going
to put into just supporting the charter?  How often will we have to go
through the process of amending the charter?  How will it be enforced?

In the short time that I've participated here, I've found the discourse to be
much more reasoned and civil than in any other chat room, etc.  If somebody
needs conversation which always gives them the "warm fuzzies," a PD list
server is not the place for them.  Our illness is devastating (as if you need
me to tell you that), and emotions run high.  As obnoxious as some postings
are, let's try to forgive (which includes making the offender aware of
his/her error) instead of suppress.  If that fails, we can always ignore.

Rees Jenkins