Thank you , Kathrynne for reprinting that article. It clarifies a lot of my problems.

As part of my recent participation in a drug trial at NIH, i had my eyes
tested by a neuro-ophthalmologist.
In simple english, he said that there was little he could do to correct my
eyesight.  I do not have any of the problems of aging as listed in the article
- except slowness in accommodation, which is corrected by bifocals.  He
changed ny prescription slightly, and recommended two pairs of glasses - one
just for reading, and one bifocal for every day. That he said would minimize
the accommodation effects. And he gave me an eye patch  for when the double
vision gets bad
so as to use only one eye at a time.  But he said, sadly, that the blurriness,
and constant movement of letters on the printed page, my two main complaints ,
are the result either of the PD itself, or of sinemet. And that for this,
there was no solution he could offer.

hilary blue