Camilla, I've been meaning to post this information to the lists also --
I'm glad you reminded me. I had read about the hip protectors on another
listserv, and located a website that offers them. I phoned the company,
and explained that it might be useful for people with PD who experience
falls. However, I also mentioned that it can be very difficult for
someone with PD to dress, and wondered if such a garment might be
problematic to put on and remove. They very kindly sent me a sample of
the fabric, and it is stretchy but not tight. I think it might be very
beneficial for many people who fall, in terms of helping to prevent
fractures.

For more information, you might try the website:

http://www.hipsavers.com/

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/