 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       13    deg. F   :-)
     I am anxious and tired. The 13 hours a day of  medical help
at home  I have had for 2 years has been cut to 5 hours a day by Molly
Baldwin of
the Maine State Bureau of ELder and Adult Services and
Betsy Balzano of ALpha One Inc., Independent Living service.
in South Portland,Maine.

 Last summer Molly also cut my 4 hours per week of
 homemaker (cleaning help) out.
I don't understand why.  I have no family here ( I do
in Rhode Island) so I am scared of being exhausted..

  I am trying to say to anyone out there that this
is wearing me down, I need your help, and PLEASE
call me or write me or visit.  I'll say it again
i NEED HELP at this time!!

 I am forced to go through an Appeals hearing
conitnuing from Nov. 30, on Tues Jan 2 at 9AM in Portland
at the Human SErvices builidng on Marginal Way.

I have been praying both for stable, sober caregivers.  Maine
is rampant with alcohol and substance use and abuse is common.
 i pray  also for Molly B. to receive enough information about
both my  daily care needs and my volunteer work for
PWP's, locally and staewide, to convince her to
to change her mind and heart, and give up  on cutting my hours.

I have been trying to get the$15,00 per
night caregiver rate changed in Maine but the system
keeps blocking me.  It only has a certain amount
of money to go around. Molly B. also makes that decision.

 I try to give up on some of my daytime care and attach my
daytime care hours to the late evening or early AM, but this
leaves me too worn out.

Does anyone know how I could get DIRECTLY in touch
with Pres. CLinton, or Ms. Reno, Mr. Ali, Rev.
Graham, the Pope. or Moichael J. Fox?  I sent out a leter to M. Claeys
for MJFox, but so far no response, and the PAN office
is closed until Tuesday-=whcih is too late!

I am willing to try anything- my case is being
PROSECUTED by the A-G office in Maine, Kathleen Ross.
My case has been assigned to a young Louisiana (Tulane U.)
pro bono lawyer , Paul Tuttle at the Mane Disabilty
Rights Center (federally funded) in Augusta, who has  limited
time because so many others like me need help from him.

ANy help and phone calls of support is welcome.

Very tired,

Ivan        :-o (yawning)