Hi, Rick, here I am.  Still out in Ohio State U.  Not much to say on the
list in the past 8 months, I was in candidacy exam study zone.

By the way, dear Inkshed friends, I can't make it to Inkshed this year,
unfortunately, since I have so many other trips planned on a grad student
budget.  It'll be an exciting and busy year.  I have a dissertation research
trip planned for the summer in Britain... since I'm honored to be speaking
at the International Soc. for History of Rhet. in Poland in July, I thought
I'd make it one big trip.  And I _may_ be going to CCCC (for the first
time), and CSSR in Laval (it's within "Driving distance" for people like us
who just drove to Regina for Christmas).  Maybe I will see some of you at
either of those conferences.

Some composition-related news: Deborah Brandt just visited our campus a few
days ago for a job talk, and we're hoping she'll take a position here as
full professor.  In any case it was a pleasure to meet her.  People here (me
too) are still missing Andrea Lunsford, who is probably happily settled in
at Stanford U since it's been a year or so. (Hi, Andrea, if you're still on
this list!)

Meanwhile I'm plugging away at my PhD here. Working right now as a Writing
Across the Curriculum consultant.  I hope to be graduating summer/fall 2002,
and I'm looking to Canada for the future.

I'll miss you all.  Especially the awesome location of your conference this
year.  I love my Rocky mountains. Phil & I are avid hikers.  But next time I
come to Inkshed I may be good enough on the guitar to play it on talent
night (I'm learning).

Smiles,
Tania Sona Smith
Department of English, OSU