Being new to this list, I can only assume that, based on your post below,
you are new to the world of the internet.  Lawyers are going after ISP's
with a vengance to enforce all sorts of laws ranging from copyright
infingement to hosting sites that contain leud and also hate content.  The
idemnity is indeed relevant in that it at least warns the subscribers to
this list of the hosts intent.