From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Donaconley
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:24:59 EST
Subject: Re: Hip pads for falls
To: [log in to unmask]
CC: [log in to unmask]

Camilla:
        I ordered these hip pads for my wife Helen a week ago. You can call
800-358-4477 or go to [log in to unmask] for further information. I'll let you
know how they work out for her.
         She has severe spinal stenosis & in Oct. she fell over backwards &
fractured her sacrum. I think next month I'll take her to Mayo for the
decompressive laminectomy. MRI,CT scan & x-rays showed osteoporotic effects
in the sacral region. Although previous indications & bone scans of other
areas of the body showed good bone density.
          I think Parkinsonian's have a greater incidence of spinal stenosis
& osteoporosis than normal. Therefore, due to postural instability & gait
disturbance
you are going to have a higher incidence of hip fractures etc. You can also
get a protective pad for the tailbone & sacral region that inserts into the
underwear product.
                      Don Conley