Thanks, Don--and p;lease let the PIEN list know how they seem to work, as
I'm sure others will be interested.  Are they hard to put on, do they feel
uncomfortable,  etc. in your wife's experience.

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Full-name: Donaconley
>Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:24:59 EST
>Subject: Re: Hip pads for falls
>To: [log in to unmask]

>Camilla:
>        I ordered these hip pads for my wife Helen a week ago. You can call
>800-358-4477 or go to [log in to unmask] for further information. I'll let you
>know how they work out for her.
>         She has severe spinal stenosis & in Oct. she fell over backwards &
>fractured her sacrum. I think next month I'll take her to Mayo for the
>decompressive laminectomy. MRI,CT scan & x-rays showed osteoporotic effects
>in the sacral region. Although previous indications & bone scans of other
>areas of the body showed good bone density.
>          I think Parkinsonian's have a greater incidence of spinal stenosis
>& osteoporosis than normal. Therefore, due to postural instability & gait
>disturbance
>you are going to have a higher incidence of hip fractures etc. You can also
>get a protective pad for the tailbone & sacral region that inserts into the
>underwear product.
>                      Don Conley

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html