Hi Ally--- welcome back.  You have lots of good questions.  I suggest first
you call the NPF and ask fo their excellent series of booklets which cover
many PD subjects, and to be put on the mailing list for their magazine.
here's how:
          National Parkinson Fndtn.,Inc.
          1501 N.W. Ninth Ave. , Bob Hope Road, Miami,FL 33136-1494
         (800) 327-4545       e-mail:  [log in to unmask]      Fax:
        305 548-4403
         http://www.parkinson.org

Next please join CARE, our sublist for CGs,  where you can also get good
answers and support.I'm about to post the "how to" for that to PIEN
today....so watch for it.

Next, if you go to  PIENO, the website for this list,
        http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
there are many useful links and the archives wehere you can look things
up-- here's how:
         Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                  http://parkinsn.coles.org.uk/.
                  Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
                  http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/parkmail/maillist.html
*******************
This is just a start, but you will soon find where to look for answers.

Ally wrote:

>I am really trying to update myself on research and the disease itself, as
>my mother has invited my brother and I along on his appointment. Neither of
>my parents feel (because they don't read up) that they know what kind of
>questions to ask, etc. But, I have a lot of questions, like...what stage is
>he in? What differences should we see in my father while on the medication?
>How do we know when its not working? What kind of excercises should he be
>doing? What is the next step? What symptoms should we look for to know that
>things are or are not working?
>
>What should I know about his lifestyle now to help the doctor give accurate
>diagnoses and meds?
>
>Your help is REALLY appreciated. The appointment is on the 17th. Also, if
>you have any places to which you could refer me to answers and information
>(I've seen most of the websites), I'd be greatful.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Ally

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html