>Hi Barb,
>        Just a short note to tell you that Al and I think you and the rest of
>the gang have done a terrific job. Hats off to you and take a BOW!!!!!!
>        One area of concern for me is copyright.
>
>> A subscriber is solely liable for any and all claims arising from
>> copyright infringement, libel, or any other infringement upon the rights
>> of others and agrees to indemnify the List owner against any such claims.

That is a common disclaimer in case someone posts copyrighted material and
the owner of that material decides to sue. Since postings are not
moderated,  it is possible the copyright owner could sue the list owner in
addition to the person who posted it. In the real world, this is not
probable but if it did occur it would be common to sue everyone. The
statement above would just indemnify the list owner, by who ever was found
in a court of law to have violated the copyright.

In the early internet years a company called MCI went into competition with
AT&T to provide data services from point to point. It was joked by users at
that time that MCI stood for "More Copyright Infringements" since percieved
copyright violations are rife on Usenet.

                   Change your Parkinsn email settings at:
               http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the Parkinsn Mail Management link
John Cottingham