>John, when you talk about bilateral DBS, where are the electrodes placed?
>I wish you luck
>Maryse cg John 71,11

Marse
In the thalamus/subthalamic nucleus boundry. There are four bands on the
electrode which is about an inch long. Two to three of the bands are in the
thalamus with one in the subthalamic nucleus (STN). The stimulation in the
STN is where the beneficial benefits derive for PD. ET is controlled by
stimulating the thalamus.

I had my barber today give me a "recruits" haircut..since it will be
altered by the neurosurgery anyway..:-)

When it grows back..it will be a new style for a "NEW" me. :)

                   Change your Parkinsn email settings at:
               http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the Parkinsn Mail Management link
John Cottingham