hi all

At 21:46 2001/01/05 -0600, "Edward Schmedlapp <[log in to unmask]>" wrote:
>Being new to this list, I can only assume that, based on
>your post below, you are new to the world of the internet.
>Lawyers are going after ISP's with a vengance to enforce
>all sorts of laws ranging from copyright infingement to
>hosting sites that contain leud and also hate content.  The
>idemnity is indeed relevant in that it at least warns the
>subscribers to this list of the hosts intent.

never assume!

isp's maybe on the examination table now
and some dot coms as well
(especially those who provide 'free' e-mail identity services)
but not non-profits and
not listserv mailing lists or their hosts
i.e. l-soft international and major universities around the world
who have been running e-mail mailing lists for a quarter century

i am talking no money nada bucks zip moolah here
show me a lawyer who'd be interested
and i'll sell you a bridge

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now /44 dx cd / 43 onset cd /41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/