THIS IS AN URBAN LEGEND!  Here's a clip from  About.com website about
it--DO NOT FORWARD!!!

On the About network: Klingerman virus

  This One'll Kill You! - The Klingerman Virus
  If you receive an oversized blue envelope from the 'Klingerman
Foundation' DO NOT OPEN IT!!!
from the Urban Legends and Folklore site

  False E-mail Report about Klingerman Virus in Smail Mail
  CDC reports another hoax.
the Nursing site

Eddy wrote:SNIPPED
>> > Subject: SERIOUS! PLEASE READ!!
>> > Please pass this on. Take a minute to read it.
>> >
>> > This is from Schwab corporate headquarters - so
>> it's no joke.
>> > Very scary. Be careful Just when you thought you
>> were safe, now we have
>> the
>> > following to deal with...please read, it
>> definitely is a serious threat to
>>
>> > our lives and health.
>> >
>> > This is an alert about a virus in the original
>> sense of the word...one
>> > that affects your body, not your hard drive. There
>> have been 23 confirmed
>> > cases of people attacked by the Klingerman Virus,
>> a virus that arrives in
>> > your real mailbox, not your e-mail in box. Someone
>> has been mailing large
>> > blue envelopes, seemingly at random, to people
>> inside the US. On the front
>>
>> of
>> > the envelope in bold black letters is printed, "A
>> gift for you from the
>> > Klingerman Foundation." When the envelopes are
>> opened, there is a small
>> > sponge sealed in plastic. This sponge carries what
>> has come to be known as
>>
>> > the Klingerman Virus, as public health officials
>> state this is a strain of
>>
>> > virus they have not previously encountered. When
>> asked for comment,
>> Florida
>> > police Sergeant Stetson said, "We are working with
>> the CDC and the USPS,
>> but
>> > have so far been unable to track down the origins
>> of these letters.
>> > The return addresses have all been different, and
>> we are certain a
>> remailing
>> > service is being used, making our jobs that much
>> more difficult."
>> >
>> > Those who have come in contact with the Klingerman
>> Virus have been
>> > hospitalized with severe dysentery. So far seven
>> of the twenty-three
>> > victims have died. There is no legitimate
>> Klingerman Foundation mailing
>> > unsolicited gifts. If you receive an oversized
>> blue envelope in the mail
>> > marked "A gift from the Klingerman foundation". DO
>> NOT open it. Place it
>> in a
>> > strong plastic bag or container and call the
>> police immediately. The
>> "gift"
>> > is one you definitely do not want to open.
>> >
>> > PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CARE ABOUT.
>> >
>> > Mrs. Sandra Dee McNair-Boyd
>> > Social WorkSecretary
>> > Yale New Haven Hospital
>> > Department of Social Work
>> > 203-688-2256

PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS WITHOUT CHECKING IT OUT---99% ARE
FALSE

THE WEBSITE AT   http://about.com/   WILL HELP YOU CHECK THEM OUT.
JUST  BECAUSE 30 OTHER PEOPLE PASSED IT ON, AND IT HAD AN "OFFICAL" LOOKING
SIGNATURE DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE !!!!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html