>What happens to a "typical PWP" when subjected to cold?
>
>The last few years I have been increasingly less tolerant to cold......
This
>Winter I have none!  The strange
>thing is I can't "shiver" like normal anymore.  My body tries to, but I just
>kinda stiffen up and start making
>my "groaning/grunting noises" I do from time to time.
>
>I have looked for info, but have not really found anything.  The key is that
>the cold "hurts" but not in a
>arthritis kind of way.  Once again, words fail me from being able to
describe
>it very well.  If this has
>happened to any of you..... info/advice please.
>
>Take care,
>
>David Meigs  [log in to unmask]

David, ask your GP to check your thyroid and B12 levels. When your thyroid
is low, one of the symptoms is intolerance to cold. It is controversial but
some believe that even with "normal" thyroid, supplementation can reduce
your intolerance.

                   Change your Parkinsn email settings at:
               http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the Parkinsn Mail Management link