On 6 Jan 2001, at 7:55, samantha pudge wrote:

> what is NADH?

Hi Samantha,
NADH is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide with hydrogen.  It is related
to the co-enzymes and I think it may be marketed as a "supplement" as
opposed to a "drug".

The proponents say it has a beneficial effect for "Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome; Depression; Hypertension; Alzheimer's Disease;
Parkinson's Disease; Athletic Endurance; and Anti-Aging."

Parkinson's patients would be best advised to seek the opinion of their
medical professional.

The naysayers say it is premature to suggest any benefit without proper
double blind peer reviewed scientifically based studies etc.

Swerdlow RH. Is NADH effective in the treatment of Parkinson's
disease? Drugs and Aging 13: 263-268 Oct 1998.

I don't have the full text handy. but his article concluded "premature" as
I recall.

You can search the Parkinson's archives for NADH or you can search
Google for NADH.  If you need help to do so just ask.

Don't get fooled by any web marketing "hype".  There are no "magic
bullets" yet.

Best regards ........  murray