Ally Ican only give you examples of what
has happened with my PWP. George was put on sinemet 25/100s when he was
first diagnosed. His tremors were wicked.With-
in 1 wk of beginning his tremors all but dissappeared. About a yr later
he became very ill with other problems, however it effected the PD
because he was not
taking his meds at regular times. He began his series off falls, his
balance
and gait were very shaky. After hospitilization for the other problems
a very vigilant nurse got him on a strict med schedual. The out come of
this episode was that his tremors subsided
greatly and he has not fallen since.
He is getting slower all the time mostly physically, however I can see
his mind is beginning to slow a bit. Not to the point of not being able
to carry on a meaningful
conversation.The slowness shows in
daily functions.Not remembering that he did not do a normal daily
task.and
swearing that he did it.To someone outside the family this difference
would not be apparent.Hope this gives you some
info as to how meds worked for this one person.George is now on 25/100
mg of senimet 2 tabs 5x a day.
Juanita CG for George 74/71/64